Monday, June 16, 2014

Rain A Tin Roof

Well this last week hasn’t been exactly eventful at all.  I guess the highlight of the week was smashing a giant spider with my flip flop.  It took like 4 solid hits to kill this thing.  Another great moment of the week involves a rubber snake and a district member who doesn't like anything that moves at all!  I put the snake on his bed frame so that he would see it when he woke up in the morning.  Well needless to say he was the first one out of bed:)  I just about died laughing.   Don't worry, I gave him a piece of peppermint to make up for it.


It is raining a lot now in East End.  This morning I watched the rainstorm come in from the ocean and then hit us.  The cool thing is because of the tin roofs you can hear it before you can even see it. 


Ahhh, the Ebola breakout…. just when we thought it was over, it came back stronger than ever.  We are constantly warned about it and we are doing everything we can to stay as far from it as possible.  As you have probably read on the news, there are confirmed cases all over Sierra Leone.  There are still no cases in eastern Freetown where I am but that does not mean we aren't taking precautions.  Only time can tell what is going to happen.  The people here don't take it very seriously at all.   It’s kind of a joke like the swine flu thing. that's what it is like to them.


This week is the last week of transfer number 2 then I’m on to transfer 3 so only 14 more. Ha, ha I don't like to think about that though.  We will get transfer news on Saturday.  I will most likely be staying in Allentown but I think Elder Losse will be leaving, but we will have to see on Saturday.


As for me, I’m staying healthy, getting some great calves from hiking up a mountain all day but that's whats going on with me.

 

Till next week,

Your African Missionary

Elder Gebauer             

No comments:

Post a Comment