Monday, July 21, 2014

Yes, I Do Work

Well this week has been interesting.

First off I'm doing great, still alive despite Africas best efforts:) You have probably all heard about the Ebola outbreak in west Africa, yes it is relatively severe in Sierra Leone. The government and the mission are placing all the necessary precautions in place to keep us safe and stop this thing as soon as possible. The government has put in place health check points on the roads, especially from Kenema and Bo. All missionaries have been pulled out of Kenema and the mission is keeping very close tabs on the spread of Ebola. As for me I'm not taking any risks!

The work is going well and I am enjoying my time here in Allentown, but I think it may be coming to an end. I think in two weeks I will be moved to another place. This week I helped fix a road with rocks and a pick axe. That was interesting, all the locals didn't know a white man could work, they say "don't you have a machine for that?". The rest of this week was good, we knuckled down and got sum work done, 30 lessons in this week. Oh yeah, and I am now teaching mission prep two days a week. 

I received a package from my parents this week on Monday. It had food and clippers for me to cut my hair, which I did myself because I don't trust anyone with my hair. I got to say it didn't turn out too bad. I successfully made 5 pounds of pancakes yesterday and I know how to make maple syrup, man it was so good. One of my favorite things from the package was the Cinnamon, man i had sooooo much Cinnamon toast this week it was great, a little taste of home.

Elder hamllton received a package the day after me, it was full of American candies so we enjoyed that. Other than that I had a soccer game with a bunch of locals this morning, got my rear kicked. I saw a real baboon today, brown with the blue face and everything. But I'm doing great and am enoying every moment.

Your African Missionary 
Elder Gebauer           

No comments:

Post a Comment